07 Nov What’s new in Microsoft – Dynamics 365 Business Central
We are pleased to inform you that on October 1, 2018 Microsoft released the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV – the business application of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 product family, under the new name – Dynamics 365 Business Central. The new version includes new features and improvements of which the availability of Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises version is the most important change for customers. Microsoft also indicated that Dynamics 365 Business Central was the successor to Microsoft Dynamics NAV and subsequent versions of Microsoft Dynamics NAV will no longer be released.
Changes in licensing models
Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises version introduces substantial changes in licensing models. The system will be available only by purchasing a selected number of named users that are assigned to one of these two packages: Essential or Premium. It will no longer be necessary to buy functional packages.
Major functional changes in Dynamics 365 Business Central
- A refreshed user interface in the Desktop Client and the views of the cards;
- Improvements in data lists:
- Creating advanced filters and views to narrow down totals to filtered data;
- Filtering to show the specific value of the current cell;
- „Copy – paste” function based on selected values;
- Changes in the Web Client:
- Similar interface to the Desktop Client;
- Filter panel on the Web Client page, where currently used filters are shown, broken down by their origin (own, list view, application filters);
- New search mechanism („Tell me”) that enables searching of specific reports, pages, activities and product documentation;
- Improved use of Power BI functionality, as part of the system. This way, the user can adjust Power BI reports, as part of the Business Central start page;
- Editable permission sets for selected user roles
- Increasing the availability of the cloud-based version into other markets (Iceland, Mexico, Norway), as well as the on-premise version (W1) worldwide.